Tuesday, January 8, 2013

I'm back!

Finally back! It's been a while, 4 months in fact! A crazy busy 4 months. So, I think now would be a good chance for a quick catch up on what's been happening...

Since my last blog post, I have been to the savvy-delights retreat (will share layouts soon so stay tuned!), moved house, submitted a DA for our new house (eeeek!!) proudly watched Jared complete his first year of school, celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary, then third time in day surgery for Anthony for the same thing, christmas, new year and Mason's 3rd birthday were all within 2 weeks, and overcame an injury due to overtraining.

In September, my extended family spent a week in Coffs Harbour at a gorgeous resort called Boambee Bay. My parents have been taking me and my two sisters there since we were kids and we absolutely love the place. Lots of activities for the kids and so close to the beach.

BOAMBEE BAY: How awesome is the pool??
I left Coffs and went straight to the savvy-delights retreat in Tahmoor.

Needless to say there was so many inspiring scrapbookers at the retreat. I was lucky enough to sit at a table full of talented scrapbookers and learnt lots of new techniques. I think I managed to get 15 or so layouts done over the weekend....here is one of my faves, but as I said, I will share the rest in my next post! Since then, I haven't had much spare time to scrapbook. Luckily my bestie Sar has been having scrap classes at scrapbook savvy which has kept me going!

Layout from Savvy-Delights Retreat: 5-4-3-2-1 challenge

Then.... we moved! So after the craziness of selling the house (keeping the cleaning up to scratch for open houses and maintaining the yard) we had to pack up and move.  This was our October... We are now living in a neat little townhouse where we will stay until we build our new house in Figtree.

Just settling in and we managed to escape for a weekend away at Bowral for our 10 year wedding anniversary. You'd think that we'd just relax the whole time, but no, we also went to a wedding during our short 4 days away LOL.

Anthony and I at the wedding we went to whilst away for our anniversary

For the next few months we were busy finalising the design of our new house - check out this 3D image.  I managed to submit the application in early December - so so excited!!! Now its a waiting game until we obtain approval, which is when the fun will begin :))

3D of new house

Shortly after all this, Anthony went in for his 3rd (and hopefully last) day surgery for a pollock on his vocal chords.  A follow up appointment looked promising so fingers crossed he makes a complete recovery and has no more problems! A whole week of him not being able to speak was interesting though.

Jared finished his first year of school and did surprisingly well. He has excelled in Maths and has improved remarkably in reading and writing. At the moment I am helping him to write a journal over the school holidays - just one line about what he did each day. We add in photos too....

Then there was the chaos of Christmas and New Year. Anthony and I both had two weeks off which was nice for a change. I think this is the first time since I was pregnant with Jared that he has had time off over Christmas. We packed in a lot of things but it was all fun stuff like camping, swimming, catching up with friends and family.

Christmas morning at our place!

We barely got over the festive celebrations and Mason turned 3. We had a wiggly disco party at playmaze and it went so smoothly, I was really impressed. The kids were so well behaved and had so much fun.... even the "big" kids!! Mason absolutely LOVED his wiggly car cake made by Deslie of Cupcakes and Sweet Things.

Mason and his wiggly cake

Anthony at Mason's party - BAZINGA!

After running the City to Surf in August (69mins), I stupidly decided to do a hard training session and upset a previous injury in my right hip and hamstring. So, I had several months off hard training. For a while I only ran once a week a bit of strength and yoga, but I have managed to get back into running again very slowly. I have cut back on the distance and number of times I run - still only running 2-3 times a week and much shorter distances, but I have surprised myself with PB's at Kembla Joggers events in both 5km and 3km!! Over this summer, the plan is to continue concentrating on shorter distances and speed and I will up the k's in February in training for the SMH half marathon which is on my birthday in May.

So, how was that for a speedy catch up?? Stay tuned for more - my LO's from retreat, a few new years goals and some good news!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I commented on here last time, my comment disappeared! Anyway, I said that you have accomplished a lot in the past 4 months and that I didn't realise Anth went I to surgery :-( Xmas and Coffs looked like a lot of fun! Miss you xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So whats the good news, huh...something I don't already know?!

    ReplyDelete